Electrical fire displaces family; no one injured
DIXON – An electrical fire that started in an attic damaged a two-story Dixon home and displaced a family Monday.
Dixon City and Dixon Rural firefighters responded to 409 S. College Ave. at about 8 a.m.
The family of five or six, who were not identified, were able to evacuate safely, Dixon City Fire Lt. Keith Gabany said. No injuries were reported.
Most of the damage was confined to the attic, but water also damaged the floors below. A preliminary investigation shows the fire was electrical in nature, Gabany said.
The American Red Cross Lee County Branch of the Rock River Chapter has found the family a temporary place to stay and has provided them with means to buy needed goods.