The List: Favorite TV talkers
NBC has promised that tonight will be Jay Leno's last as host of The Tonight Show. He has been destroying the good name of the show built by Johnny Carson since 1992 (with the exception of Conan O'Brien's 7-month stint in 2009 and very early 2010).
To say that I think Jay Leno is not funny is an understatement. On the rare occasion that the intro to his show makes it onto one of our TVs, we race for the clicker to shut it off.
But enough about Leno.
Today's list is of my favorite TV talk show hosts of all time. Let me know what you think. Share who your favorites are.
1. David Letterman (No one funnier than early Letterman. Today's? Not so much.)
2. Johnny Carson (Grew up watching that guy. Classic.)
3. Merv Griffin (Call me an old nerd if you want, but I loved watching his show when I was a kid.)
4. Bill Maher (I know he bugs a lot of people. I think he's hilarious and I love that he doesn't mince words.)
5. Conan O'Brien (I get his sense of humor, though I know many people don't.)
Honorable Mention: Jimmy Fallon, Dick Cavett, Tom Snyder, and Craig Ferguson.